Click to view
For animal control questions, please contact 412-466-4746 or 412-469-1166
Council Meeting - October 19, 2021 6:30 pm est
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 834 6382 7285
Street Cleaning will start Thursday, August 12 at 8:00 a.m. This cleaning will focus on the main streets and bus routes. The streets will be cleaned in the following order:
Please Park on the side streets until the street has been cleaned. Once the street has been cleaned you are welcome to park on the street.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Pennsylvania American Water has begun shutting off water for delinquent sewage bills. Please contact Pennsylvania American Water at 1-800-565-7292 to discuss your delinquent sewage bill.
Snow Removal Information
The City of Duquesne’s Department of Public Works (DPW) priorities snow and ice removal by the priority of the road. The method of clearing the roads varies greatly depending on the weather. For instance, in very cold temperatures salt is ineffective and it would be a waste of resources to spread salt. When it is actively snowing, plowing alone is the best method.
Our DPW operates two to three plow and salt trucks to clear the snow and ice. These trucks are limited by weight restrictions and carry enough salt for approximately one hour’s work before they must be reloaded.
Our priority of roads are as follows:
1. Main roads and the bus routes. Second Street, Grant Avenue, Kennedy Avenue, Crawford Avenue, and the streets that the busses travel.
2. Brick roads and hills.
3. Secondary residential roads.
State Route 837 (Duquesne Boulevard) and Commonwealth Avenue are maintained by Penn Dot.
While waiting on the roads to be cleared there are some things that you can do to help:
1. Equip your vehicle with winter tires made for driving in snow.
2. Only drive in the snow if necessary.
3. Park in a way that makes it easier for the plow trucks to get through.
4. Have patience, slow down, and leave early if you must travel in bad weather.
Topic: Council Meeting - June 2021